LV scripting possiblities

didierj

I bring up this topic because I just installed LV7.1 on my computer and all the nice vi's referenced in http://forums.lavausergroup.org/index.php?showtopic=208 are now password protected! :thumbdown:

NI could really make the scripting tools avaliable for everyone, since (I checked) they are there since at least LV 5.1. If they kept hidden, because of fail-safe reasons, I think they are now quite good tested.

Didier

I bring up this topic because I just installed LV7.1 on my computer and all the nice vi's referenced in http://forums.lavausergroup.org/index.php?showtopic=208 are now password protected! :thumbdown:

NI could really make the scripting tools avaliable for everyone, since (I checked) they are there since at least LV 5.1. If they kept hidden, because of fail-safe reasons, I think they are now quite good tested.

Didier

2263[/snapback]

You can follow my reply in LabVIEW>Programming Discussions>LabVIEW Scripting

Cheers!

Barrie

• 2 months later...

NI has a history of having major new features running internal to NI for several versions of LabVIEW before they are finally released to the public. They had UNDO running for a long, long time before they finally released it.

While it is frustrating to wait so long, it is also nice that usually when they release a feature, it really is ready for prime time, unlike some companies we know in the U.L. corner of the USA...