Create a project template on Labview enviroment

Thank you for the prompt reply. I read the post you have suggested to read, even though that post is very intersting it is not what I would like to do, I would like to build a new project, create on the project some virtual folders (the virtual folders I always create on my projects) and then I would like to save it as template. Therefore it will be very easy to create a new project starting from that template with the virtual folder I usually create on every project I do.

(I hope it was clear) Do you think it is possible to do that?

Regards.

I would like to build a new project, create on the project some virtual folders (the virtual folders I always create on my projects) and then I would like to save it as template.

If I understand correctly what you are asking...

There is no such thing as a .lvproj template but why not just create the above .lvproj file once then every time you want it, copy it manually, or write some simple tool to make a copy of it?

This is a very nice trick, but I do not want to copy every VIs I've created on a different project, I just want a template which allows me to have an entry point to build my new project and which creates the structure which usually I use on every project I want to develop. I think the suggestion of JCODE is a good advise the only thing which is missing is that you can't call the template from the "New window" which is opened when you click on the New menu under the File menu of labview....

...the only thing which is missing is that you can't call the template from the "New window" which is opened when you click on the New menu under the File menu of labview....

No, but you can install the tool under <wizard> or <project> yourself and get the same effect.

• 10 months later...