Display Object

pjama

Hello,

I am creating a program that displays some simple data. It draws a pie-chart from 3 numeric values, and also displays a bunch of numbers, percentages, strings and so on.

Everything up to there is fine. My problem involves taking what I have now (above) and making it into a single object. Since I want to display that data for several cases at once, it would be much easier to make it all into one repeatable code/function/object.

Is there a way to group a bunch of objects on the front panel into a single object group, including respective code as well?

Thanks in advance,

-Phil

Is there a way to group a bunch of objects on the front panel into a single object group, including respective code as well?

2295[/snapback]

The only way to do it in LV (from version 7.0 up) is to use a subpanel. Creating custom controls the way known from text-based languages is not yet possible.

For further informations on subpanels look at the online help and the examples (menu: File>Find Examples...).

Didier

Thanks for the reply.

That way works pretty efficiently. However I am looking to run the same VI with several different values. I think the method you mentioned views the VI 'realtime', so it might not work with what I am doing.

What I tried now, is capturing an image of the front panel for each case and displaying those images. This method has some sort of delay. I think taking images of the front panel might be a slow process.

If you have any ideas, that'd be great. If not, I thank you again for your help thus far.

-Phil

The only way to do it in LV (from version 7.0 up) is to use a subpanel. Creating custom controls the way known from text-based languages is not yet possible.

For further informations on subpanels look at the online help and the examples (menu: File>Find Examples...).

2309[/snapback]

But you could combine all your controls into a single cluster, change the code to a subvi with a cluster reference into it. In your application create several copies of the cluster and wire the cluster references to copies (as required) of the subvi.

You can also modify/edit controls (use the spanner) quite extensively including removing parts or hiding bits of them (and including pictures) so perhaps a normal control could be modified too. For a pie chart might a guage work?

cheers, Alex.