Robustness of Functional Global pattern at large scales?

This is the way I code my AEs. I usually have single input accessors...
I tend to make a distinction here. An accessor (for me) will be of the ilk "do one thing, do it properly" (get name, get value set name, set value etc). But a wrapper would be a simplifier of a more complex function or "wrap" several "Methods" to yield a new function.

I agree with Shaun to make the distinction for the purpose of discussion.

And yes, if you define accessors then they should get/set one piece of the internal state data. (because that's what accessors do).

In the examples I have posted I haven't mentioned accessors - I have been talking about supplying inputs/outputs for methods (I guess that's a distinction made there) - and the issues I have with that in the past and trying to make it more robust.

I wanted to present other way of creating an AE using a DVR-IPE.

• 2 weeks later...

So if I'm following this, jgcode you would "approve" of FGVs as an accessor but not as a wrapper, whereas others are OK with using FGVs as wrappers, using either a (large) typedef cluster for the inputs and outputs, in that sense turning the FGV into an "accessor" if you will to a collection of methods, properties, etc.

So if I'm following this, jgcode you would "approve" of FGVs as an accessor but not as a wrapper, whereas others are OK with using FGVs as wrappers, using either a (large) typedef cluster for the inputs and outputs, in that sense turning the FGV into an "accessor" if you will to a collection of methods, properties, etc.

I don't 100% follow the above (I think our definitions of things are different - but that's ok).

If it helps here are my posts in summary:

• I agree with using FGV/MFVI/AE's etc... on a module per module basis
  • I think all approaches discussed are valid - there are good reasons for both (I particularly find ShaunR's perspective in his last post above very interesting)
  • I just personally prefer creating an API for a module
  • I really like the 'LV2009' approach and hence wanted to post it in this thread to share with the OP

• Like 1

I don't 100% follow the above (I think our definitions of things are different - but that's ok).

If it helps here are my posts in summary:

• I agree with using FGV/MFVI/AE's etc... on a module per module basis
  • I think all approaches discussed are valid - there are good reasons for both (I particularly find ShaunR's perspective in his last post above very interesting)
  • I just personally prefer creating an API for a module
  • I really like the 'LV2009' approach and hence wanted to post it in this thread to share with the OP

Yeah, jargon can always get in the way. Like Shaw said: "England and America are two countries separated by a common language."

Thanks for the confirmation of that and my (I think I got it) understanding.