I am a Msc student in computer network, and i want to use the SNMP protocol using LabVIEW. I download the communication VI but i can't use it and i don't know how to create the MIB file because My knowleadges in the SNMP communication are very limited. My project is to remote monitoring of WSN using SNMP and ZigBee protocol.

someone could explain me how can I use this VI??

and how i can communicate between two computer using this VI????

Please i need the answer as soon as possible

I've no clue about SNMP, but I would recommend posting the work you have done for people to look at. Your post indicates a communication VI, but I have no idea where you downloaded it from or what the MIB file is and I expect others are in a similar situation. Also, since this appears to be an assignment, people are leary of doing homework for you (appreciate noting you are a student, though).

If you're having trouble using the VI, it probably means you don't know enough about SNMP. There was a thread a while back where someone contribute a set of VIs for working with SNMP. I've used it before in a rudimentary sense to manage a router, but that's it. You should study up on SNMP and see if the VI makes more sense after that.

I've no clue about SNMP, but I would recommend posting the work you have done for people to look at. Your post indicates a communication VI, but I have no idea where you downloaded it from or what the MIB file is and I expect others are in a similar situation. Also, since this appears to be an assignment, people are leary of doing homework for you (appreciate noting you are a student, though).

Thank you very much for you intresting. I download this VI from here , i wish you can now help me

If you're having trouble using the VI, it probably means you don't know enough about SNMP. There was a thread a while back where someone contribute a set of VIs for working with SNMP. I've used it before in a rudimentary sense to manage a router, but that's it. You should study up on SNMP and see if the VI makes more sense after that.

Thank you for your interesting, now i study the SNMP, my problem now is how to create my own MIB, so i want to monitor a WSN in small office network ( Intranet ) not Internet using SNMP and i don't known how i must deal with the MIB.

please send me any information that can help me. if you want send me the information to my e-mail.

I am waiting your answer.

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you very much for you intresting. I download this VI from here http://lavag.org/top...nmp-in-labview/ , i wish you can now help me

Thank you for your interesting, now i study the SNMP, my problem now is how to create my own MIB, so i want to monitor a WSN in small office network ( Intranet ) not Internet using SNMP and i don't known how i must deal with the MIB.

please send me any information that can help me. if you want send me the information to my e-mail.

I am waiting your answer.

Thank you

I don't know much about SNMP either other than the principal operation of it but my understanding is that there exist special tools to create (compile) a MIB file from a different intermediary text description that the developer of an SNMP device creates. So if you have an existing device with SNMP implementation you should get the according MIB file from the manufacturer of the device.

If you designed the device yourself only you can know what SNMP variables and OIDs you have used and will have had to dig into the whole SNMP RFCs and associated documentation anyhow to get there.