Error in Vision Assistant

OK you imaging gurus out there. I need some basics help.

I'm running NI Vision Builder AI and everything looks ok. I've been able to do measurements and pass-fail on the image.

The problem I'm having is when I try to do image processing in Vision Assistant. Whenever I try to do color processing on the image I get the error:

"The type of image acquired is not supported by this step."

This makes no sense since the acquired image coming right from the camera is 8bits.

OK you imaging gurus out there. I need some basics help.

I'm running NI Vision Builder AI and everything looks ok. I've been able to do measurements and pass-fail on the image.

The problem I'm having is when I try to do image processing in Vision Assistant. Whenever I try to do color processing on the image I get the error:

"The type of image acquired is not supported by this step."

This makes no sense since the acquired image coming right from the camera is 8bits.

2363[/snapback]

What process are you tring to do?

Only the color processes can be done on a color image which contain three planes(RGB or HSL or HSI). if you want to use the non color processes you have to extract a plane. Most of the time the lumen plane is the one to use.

Only the color processes can be done on a color image which contain three planes(RGB or HSL or HSI). if you want to use the non color processes you have to extract a plane. Most of the time the lumen plane is the one to use.

2364[/snapback]

I see, so I cannot perform any functions that are on the "Color Processing Functions" Tab correct?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...