I'm Daddy

didierj

Thanks to all,

:oops: forget to say, she was born last Friday (15.10.2004).

It's strange how suddenly one feels better than the whole world when he gets his first child... :D

For everyone who didn't tried it yet, It's a great feeling!!!!

So you have upgraded Spouse 1.0 to Mom 1.0 which spawned child process Kid 1.0. :D

You'll need a lot of system resources!

Congratulations!

I know and already upgraded my hardware. But I fear I would have to repeat it several times in the next 18 years... :blink:

I hope you have filled up on 'tea and dessert' - your probably going to be too busy for the next 18 yrs!  :wacko:

For the next two weeks I'll try to get organized with my wife, afterwards I have to find an empty bureau with a door to recover from the sleepless nights (your co-workers hear your snores over the books- and ring binder-walls, since in switzerland we do not know cubicles).

Hey, I think this is our first LAVA baby! This calls for a special LAVA gift! Give me your address via PM, I will send the little one a LAVA T-shirt!

Hmm, I think I might have size problem... 

So now everyone knows how to get a free T-shirt... Have a baby!

PS. Thanks for the image Sarah!post-582-1098174227.gif

2390[/snapback]

Maybe this size

post-582-1098256347.jpg?width=400

:laugh:

Hmm, I thought of buying a shirt but I don't like the cuts. Maybe I can print the logos on a own shirt?

I think it is to soon for a baby :D We first have to practice :rolleyes: :laugh:

P.S. Michael no problem

post-582-1098257202.gif?width=400

• 3 months later...

:D Well, I just found out this weekend that I might be a daddy. It has yet to be confirmed by a doctor, but all of the symptoms are there and the home test was positive! We're thrilled, but at the same time, as normal, I'm scared.

A new chapter in my life has begun and I'm hoping I can do my part and do it well. :D

:D Well, I just found out this weekend that I might be a daddy.  It has yet to be confirmed by a doctor, but all of the symptoms are there and the home test was positive!  We're thrilled, but at the same time, as normal, I'm scared. 

A new chapter in my life has begun and I'm hoping I can do my part and do it well. :D

3666[/snapback]

Hi Bryan!

Hey, I hope everything will be ok at the checkup by the doctor! :):wub:

So you will be a young daddy ;)

Congrats Didier! It might be a little belated, but this is the first time I have come across this post :rolleyes:

If nobody beats us to it I will hopefully be able to introduce the second LAVA baby in about four weeks. :D

And congrats Bryan! You're in for a fun ride. Don't worry, the whole morning sickness thing will go away after month three. And a little all-inclusive trip to Mexico works wonders in month five :thumbup:

Cheers,

Heiko

• 4 weeks later...

Just a little update. We were to the doctor yesterday. She said that my wife is 8 weeks along and everything appears fine. I got my first view of our baby and it was a humbling experience seeing it and it's little 160bpm heart going a mile a minute.

Here's a picture of the ultrasound:

8wks.jpg

Just a little update.  We were to the doctor yesterday.  She said that my wife is 8 weeks along and everything appears fine.  I got my first view of our baby and it was a humbling experience seeing it and it's little 160bpm heart going a mile a minute. 

Here's a picture of the ultrasound:

8wks.jpg

3921[/snapback]

how cute, just 1.42cm! :D

Anyway, for all who become in some near future or are not yet daddy, It's a great feeling to see your baby move in the ultrasound, feel it move in the abdomen... and the birth itself... WOW!

Afterwards everything goes so fast! Yesterday I went buying some clothes for my girl. I glanced at the clothes for newborn babies and got some sort of shock :o , seing that she was once (and not so long ago) so small.

:beer: Good luck :beer:

Didier

• 3 months later...

Another update...

It's a BOY!

Had the 5 month ultrasound yesterday and found out. He's healthy, active, and camera-shy. He kept moving around where we couldn't see him, then just gave up and covered his face with his hand.

• 3 months later...

Wow, I'm sorry that I seem to have taken over this thread (at least at the end) but just FYI, my wife had our baby early yesterday morning.

First Name: Ethan

Middle: James

Weight: 6lbs 2oz.

Length: 22"

DOB: 9/18/2005 @ 11:22am

Just thought you would like to know :D

Wow, I'm sorry that I seem to have taken over this thread (at least at the end) but just FYI, my wife had our baby early yesterday morning.

First Name: Ethan

Middle: James

Weight: 6lbs 2oz.

Length: 22"

DOB: 9/18/2005 @ 11:22am

Just thought you would like to know :D

Congratulations! I'm sure little Ethan is (micro) managing you and your wife's schedule about now! ;)

-Pete Liiva