Multiple files in file path

David_L

Hey,

I've been doing some tinkering and can't seem to find a nice solution to this problem. Does anyone know of a way you can select multiple files from a path control? I know this can be done with the File Dialog Express VI, but I'd like to do it more gracefully from the front panel control. I don't think it's possible, but maybe someone here has some neat trick.

Alternately, is there any way to capture the drag event from multiple files dragged from Windows? I know a single file dragged into a File Path Control will populate it with the correct path, but maybe there's a way to drag multiple files onto an array of paths or something.

Thanks!

The first thing that comes to mind is an array of paths with a boolean "browse" button tied to a file dialog, and to put a Drop event in an event structure. Next thing was a string control instead of a array of paths which lead to needing to check for correct path structure which lead to thinking about XControls...

Haha, yes, my final thoughts were be to create an XControl with a string control and a boolean button that would call the File Dialog with multiple files. Then it could populate the string control with all the paths, separated by commons. However I was hoping to avoid that if there was some easier workaround.

Thanks for the ideas though!

• 7 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...