Array of X-controls ?

zEye

Actually in LV2011 you can put a subpanel in a cluster and then into an array. I am not sure if you can do anything useful with it but LV does let you do it.

LV let you drop the subpanel in the cluster but code is not executable. I think we need to remember that a subpanel is "special" control. It has no terminal on the diagram, so it's not really surprising that it behave differently.

Anyway, it would be really exiting to add it in an array. I'd like to do that many times :rolleyes:

Cluster seems to need a "classic" object to be typed, could be understand. I also tried to load VIs in subpanel contain in an array, but I couldn't retrieve the reference to each subpanel.

Anyway, I have to say that trying this could lead to some difficulties like the management of the modification of the array content. How LV could manage references from deleted element. If this was easy to implement I'm pretty sure that NI would have enable the feature.

Regards,

Olivier