LabVIEW 2011 SP1 Coming Soon?

lvb

Out of curiosity, is anyone using NI Update?

Out of curiosity, I usually run it before manually downloading updates. My experience has been that the NI Update service has both a lag from the NI support site and also misses some updates completely...

:(

It would be nice if they published platform DVDs instead of 20 individual installers. We get our developer suite DVDs after a while, but why have to wait.

It takes time to press physical DVDs. We can get the downloads up a lot sooner for those who need the fixes. Pressing the individual DVDs just doesn't make economic sense these days.

Out of curiosity, I usually run it before manually downloading updates. My experience has been that the NI Update service has both a lag from the NI support site and also misses some updates completely...

:(

Except for when I install something and NI Update gets re-enabled, I forget it's even there. It seemed a little half-baked to me, and I haven't seen it get much attention or publicity from NI.

It takes time to press physical DVDs. We can get the downloads up a lot sooner for those who need the fixes. Pressing the individual DVDs just doesn't make economic sense these days.

I think he rather meant post the images of the DVDs, so we could burn our own if we wanted. Are the packaged installers also a few steps behind individual releases?

Correct asbo - I meant images of the Platform DVDs - or more to the point; the packaged installers. We use Volume License Manager so creating a single volume license installer instead of having to make one for each add-on etc. is a lot of work.