VIPM 2011: Recursive VIs cannot be built in package... again...

(cross-posted in http://forums.jki.net/topic/1324-recursive-vis-cannot-be-built-in-package/page__gopid__4548#entry4548)

Hello to all, boys,

I'm using VIPM ver 2011.0.1 (build 1692) dic 07/2011 Community Edition with OpenG Builder ver 3.0.1-2.

I am trying to create a package to a library for LabVIEW 2011 that uses recursion native, but Package Builder gives me the same problem described by Kring to "Known Issue (Case 8006): VI Package build hangs in LabVIEW 2009 when recursive VIs included in package" and stated fixed from version 3.0 and later ...

I think in my case the problem is that recursion is not "direct" ... Let me explain ...

In my library there is the following sequence of calls: VI_A call VI_B that call VI_C that call VI_A!

If I realize the simple recursion VI_A call VI_A, the Package Builder executes with success, but building my library, it fail waiting infinitely for the VI to load in memory... the same issue reported by Normandine... Even in may case, I have to kill the process.

I do not know if Package Builder maintains a global list of calls, but I think the problem may reside in the test that checks for the sub-VI called the list of callers ...

I'm sorry it could not provide a possible solution ... :-(

Thank to all!

Osvaldo

• 2 weeks later...

No one have experienced the same issue? :(:blink:

No idea on how to fix this problem or where it can be located in the OpenG Builder code?

Hi Osvaldo

As it is specific to VIPM it would probably be best retrying at the JKI forums rather than here to get a response.

Hi Osvaldo

As it is specific to VIPM it would probably be best retrying at the JKI forums rather than here to get a response.

Thanks jgcode...

I have cross-posted even there, but I thought that perhaps some of you might have encountered the same problem ... :frusty:

However, I will follow your advice and try again even on the forums .. JKI :yes:

Have a nice day

Osvlado

Edited by osvaldo
I have cross-posted even there, but I thought that perhaps some of you might have encountered the same problem ... :frusty:

Yes, I see that. It's just if I was needing assistance with VIPM I would (and do) head over there.

No idea on how to fix this problem or where it can be located in the OpenG Builder code?

This is actually an interesting question as I would have thought that (nowdays) VIPM would install it's own version of OpenG Builder (possibly stored in the exe) and that it would have been worked on by JKI. I am just guessing tho?

This is actually an interesting question as I would have thought that (nowdays) VIPM would install it's own version of OpenG Builder (possibly stored in the exe) and that it would have been worked on by JKI. I am just guessing tho?

I do not know ... :unsure:

During the process of packaging, VIPM freezes and I have to stop killing the process ... Curiously, however, remains open window of the VI OpenG Builder ... :blink:

Curiously, however, remains open window of the VI OpenG Builder ... :blink:

I just meant by my comments that the OpenG Builder (OGB) may have changed (been worked on by JKI) quite a bit (or not much at all).

As I remember there was mention that OGB was no longer an external dependency of VIPM - around VIPM 3.0/2010 if I am correct - and it was now included.

...So if you were to go digging and change something, it would be best to look in the right place :)

Anyways I did some digging just then as I was interested and this is what I found:

OGB is licensed under LGPL so it cannot be in the exe as I mentioned above.

I found the external library for OGB for VIPM here:

post-10325-0-43966000-1332246572_thumb.p

The build version is:

post-10325-0-18478500-1332246567.png

Comparing this to the latest OGB on the VI package network, it is newer:

post-10325-0-71743400-1332246565.png

Although the actual package versioning is different to the build version VI?:

(So it might not be correct? I don't know the answer to that at the moment).

post-10325-0-82650200-1332246568_thumb.p

Might not help much, but I answered my questions :lol: