Hi guys,

I'm back again with my questions.

Following this article http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3209 on the NI web site, using the error code file editor, I have created my own custom error file. It was my first time! The file is txt format and it is located at user.lib path. I've already restarted labview (2011 version) but I'm not able to raise an error which is handled by the txt file I have created. If I set the error code on the error cluster with a code handled by my custom file, I receive a non defined error message from labview but this isn't the truth! So here my question:

how can I raise a error which is handled by a custom error file?

Does someone help me?

Thank you in advance.

Again, I've solved the problem. Here the solution to allow others people to do not waste time with this stupid thing. The problem was due to the name of error file I've created. To be loaded from the IDE, it must be named as you want except for the last part of the name which have to be "-errors" and which you have to insert before of the "txt", the extension of the file. This is required but no one says it to you!

Anyway, thank you for the support you've given me many times.

Again, I've solved the problem. Here the solution to allow others people to do not waste time with this stupid thing. The problem was due to the name of error file I've created. To be loaded from the IDE, it must be named as you want except for the last part of the name which have to be "-errors" and which you have to insert before of the "txt", the extension of the file. This is required but no one says it to you!

Anyway, thank you for the support you've given me many times.

Good job on solving your issues.

Here is a KB on custom error files that may provide more info for others (that includes links to other resources at bottom).

Ummm... right in the article that you linked to it says:

"The file must be named xxx-errors.txt, where xxx is the supplied name"

And, in the LabVIEW Help for the page that discusses the custom error codes file it says:

6. When you are done editing the error codes file, click the
Save
button to save the error codes file in the labviewuser.liberrors directory. You must save the error codes file in the format xxx-errors.txt, where xxx is a name that you supply.

Edited by Saverio

Ummm... right in the article that you linked to it says:

"The file must be named xxx-errors.txt, where xxx is the supplied name"

And, in the LabVIEW Help for the page that discusses the custom error codes file it says:

6. When you are done editing the error codes file, click the
Save
button to save the error codes file in the labviewuser.liberrors directory. You must save the error codes file in the format xxx-errors.txt, where xxx is a name that you supply.

Saverio, you're right, it was my fault, I think such as everybody here I do not have a lot of time to spend to read the articles of NI carefully and some time I have to skip some parts of them and this is an error which can make you to waste time after.