:-( No April Fools from NI this year?

Hey guys,

Emilie here - for those of you who don't know me, I'm the new Social Business Manager at NI (i.e. the new "Deirdre") :)

I saw this conversation come up in one of our social monitors last night. I too was bummed to see we didn't have our annual April Fool's press release.

I contacted one of my buddies who usually helps come up with the yearly pranks. He said NI decided to sit this year out since the 1st fell on a Sunday. They figured it might get lost in the weekend lull. Hmph.

Although I like Aristos' explanation better. :)

Perhaps NI should simply claim the following excuse:

"Someone played a prank on us this year and scheduled April Fools on a Sunday." :P

• Like 1

I just thought of what could be the perfect April 1 presser.

It combines LabVIEW, augmented reality glasses and VI Analyzer. Any programmer wearing the glasses would see real-time suggestions for improving the code while it is executing with highlighting turned on.

Users could write their own analyzer tests to implement features like 'bleach dead code' but the only way to see the results is using the glasses. An optional Source Control add-on would allow for displaying check-in comments and allow the user to highlight code changed by a specific user (identify code that is suspect)

Not only would the well equipped LV programmer look friggen' awesome, but it would help NI sell more hardware. Isn't that what LabVIEW is for anyway? :P

• Like 2

Wow. I had no idea April Fool's was celebrated in that part of the world, let alone on a different day of April.

I'm also loving the augmented reality spoof. I can just see it now: we can get JeffK to put on a pair of RayBans as the feature photo...

So basically - I'm getting the feedback that NI needs to do more pranks, in general, right? Coming right up... ;)

So basically - I'm getting the feedback that NI needs to do more pranks, in general, right? Coming right up... ;)

Damn right!

Oh, and welcome to LAVA - it's lovely to see you here! For those who haven't met Emilie, she's a stalwart at NI Week and has been an advocate for us within NI - certainly a big plus having her here on LAVA :yes:

• Like 1