Can "Scale Objects While Resizing" be called programatically?

Question posted on NI's site. Thought I would list it here in case you don't check NI's forums and you have an answer for my question! :)

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Setting-quot-Scale-Objects-While-Resizing-quot-programmatically/td-p/1970005

I am thinking of sharing this API after I get this figured out because it makes collapsing / expanding panes a breeze. Is there is a different \ easier way to accomplish this?

I have attached what I have so far in an example vi.

MessingAroundWithSplitters.zip

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Question posted on NI's site. Thought I would list it here in case you don't check NI's forums and you have an answer for my question! :)

http://forums.ni.com...ly/td-p/1970005

I am thinking of sharing this API after I get this figured out because it makes collapsing / expanding panes a breeze. Is there is a different \ easier way to accomplish this?

In LabVIEW 2010 I collapse panes by moving the splitter bar to a "minimized" position. I save the splitter bar position before I collapse it, so that I can restore it to the position that it had before.

• 6 months later...

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Setting-quot-Scale-Objects-While-Resizing-quot-programmatically/td-p/1970005

I am thinking of sharing this API after I get this figured out because it makes collapsing / expanding panes a breeze. Is there is a different easier way to accomplish this?

I really like the idea of this and am curious about if there is further development/official API?  That being said I found a few issues, some of which I know can't be worked around at the moment.

First if you run the demo and collapse, the play controls, then the one just below it, then restore them but in opposite order, you will have odd behavior where things don't restore properly.  I know this has to do with the interaction with multiple collapses in the same direction (two vertical/two horizontal), and I thought moving the splitter a set distance, instead of to a specific location would fix it but it didn't for some reason.

Secondly is an issue you're already found dealing with the "Scale Objects While Resizing".  It looks like this property is not exposed.  In my opinion this is the deal breaker for this API.  Many times I will have a graph or table fit to the whole pane, and I (as well as my users) have gotten use to the fluid movement of a resize.