Width of a system-style button changes between Win7 & XP

Hello there,

I have an application that I wrote on a Win XP machine. I tried running the executable on a Win 7 machine and I noticed that my system-style UI buttons have changed size, usually wider.

I wondered if it was issue with the executable so I opened the vi itself on the Win 7 machine and noticed the same affect. I then resized it back to normal, saved the vi and opened it back on the XP machine - it had gone wider again.

Has anyone seen this phenomonom before please? I will post back if I find a fix.

Thank you,

Martin

Hello there,

I have an application that I wrote on a Win XP machine. I tried running the executable on a Win 7 machine and I noticed that my system-style UI buttons have changed size, usually wider.

I wondered if it was issue with the executable so I opened the vi itself on the Win 7 machine and noticed the same affect. I then resized it back to normal, saved the vi and opened it back on the XP machine - it had gone wider again.

Has anyone seen this phenomonom before please? I will post back if I find a fix.

Thank you,

Martin

You have probably different application/dialog font and size in your OS. You can force a specific font and size to be loaded by the applicaition by adding the following lines in the INI-file.

appFont = ""Arial" 15"

dialogFont = ""Arial" 15"

Thank you very much for the help. I had thought it wasn't a font issue because my button only had an image not text. However, the boolean text was there on the button, just hidden.

I've since been reading around the posts and now understand better, for anyone else here are a couple of posts:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Font-size-on-Windows-7-with-LabVIEW-2009/td-p/1055114/page/1

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Fix-font-behavior-between-windows-versions-platforms-amp/idi-p/965993

Is there a way I can set the font size but not the font itself in the ini file?

Thank you,

Martin