How to Programmatically reset WLS Ni-9191

Hello,

I got 4 wls NI-9191 with the NI-9219 cards. Every evening when I leave the office I turn off the PC & remove the wls cards & router from the mains. In the morning when I turn on the PC and then the wls & router, MAX recognises the wls chassis but has issues seeing the NI-9219 cards. As a solution I reset the wls and everything goes well.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Is there a way to programmatically reset the wls every time I start my .vi?

Thank you in advance,

Hello,

I got 4 wls NI-9191 with the NI-9219 cards. Every evening when I leave the office I turn off the PC & remove the wls cards & router from the mains. In the morning when I turn on the PC and then the wls & router, MAX recognises the wls chassis but has issues seeing the NI-9219 cards. As a solution I reset the wls and everything goes well.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Is there a way to programmatically reset the wls every time I start my .vi?

Thank you in advance,

Do you call the DAQmx Reserve Network Device.vi in your LabVIEW code?

Hello,

Thank you for your reply,

No I do not call this .vi Should I? In MAX if a device is reserved then I cannot acquire any data from it.

I tried using the "DAQmx Reset Device.vi" and after 1-2 runs it does reset the devices. What I would like to do is to "detect" when a device needs resetting and then perhaps use the "DAQmx Reset Device.vi".

Thank you in advance,

Hello,

Thank you for your reply,

No I do not call this .vi Should I? In MAX if a device is reserved then I cannot acquire any data from it.

I tried using the "DAQmx Reset Device.vi" and after 1-2 runs it does reset the devices. What I would like to do is to "detect" when a device needs resetting and then perhaps use the "DAQmx Reset Device.vi".

Thank you in advance,

I haven't a lot of experience with the DAQmx networked devices but what I have found was that my LabVIEW application sometimes could access a CompactDAQ chassis, sometimes only after I had accessed the device in MAX and sometimes not at all. This was not an option for the application that needed to be able to startup and access the hardware with no user interaction at all, when starting up the computer.

Adding a little code that checks if the DAQmx device was a networked device and calling DAQmx Reserve Network Device.vi on before initializing the DAQmx task in that case has solved that completely and always lets my application startup and access the hardware without having to go into MAX at all.

I'm pretty sure that this function call does internally also a device reset, which is no problem for me, and seems to be what you want too.