SQLite API For LabVIEW testers Needed (Apple Mac).

Hi Peeps.

I've finally managed to compile SQLite binaries for the Macintosh and have tested the SQLite API For LabVIEW on OSX Lion (10.7) but need some kind-hearted people to test on other OSX systems to establish a minimum version (in particular 10.4 to 10.6).

If anyone is interested and can spare a few minutes to try it out; please PM me with an email address and I will send the pre-release

If you can (or want) to build a test application that I can use with just the run-time, I can test it on another version of OSX this weekend. I'll have to check to be sure what version (I think Snow Leopard), but let me know if that's valuable to you.

If you can (or want) to build a test application that I can use with just the run-time, I can test it on another version of OSX this weekend. I'll have to check to be sure what version (I think Snow Leopard), but let me know if that's valuable to you.

All testing is valuable. I can compile the speed test which will also exercise the AES encryption as well as give a benchmark on your MAC (I'm running in a VM). Let me know which run-time engine you have (2009, 2010 or 2011) and an email address and I'll send it to you (I don't know how big it will be, but knowing LV a few MB-if thats a consideration for your mailbox limits).

......a bit later....

Scrub that. I don't have the app builder for Mac :frusty: . Thanks for the offer though.

Edited by ShaunR

I'll try to remember to bring CDs with me and if I remember (and have a compliant relative), I might be able to actually test it in the development environment anyway. Any idea if LabVIEW can be as deeply-rooted on OS X as it is on Windows? I don't want to mess up someone else's computer.

I think I have Snow Leopard VM somewhere. If I find that, I'll let you know.

I'll try to remember to bring CDs with me and if I remember (and have a compliant relative), I might be able to actually test it in the development environment anyway. Any idea if LabVIEW can be as deeply-rooted on OS X as it is on Windows? I don't want to mess up someone else's computer.

I think I have Snow Leopard VM somewhere. If I find that, I'll let you know.

No idea about the LV bit.I just clicked on the *dmg and installed it since this is the only reason for me to use the Mac (I'm not even sure I know how to uninstall it :P ).

PM me an email address and I'll send the API anyway so that if you do get something working; your ready to go.

Many thanks to all of you that tested on the Mac. Seems to work fine on i386 with 10.5 and up (PPC was dropped by Apple a while ago and will not be supported) .

A new version of the SQLite API For LabVIEW with Mac support will be released in the next week or so for those who are interested.

Edited by ShaunR
  • 1 year later...