GPIB interface PXI controller to old HP GPIB

patleb

I have a PXI controller and am trying to interface to an old HP computer which runs HP basic.

I can write to a common printer but with both the HP computer and the PXI controller being the system controller I can see the HP GPIB address but cannot respond to it neither will the HP computer respond to the PXI controller. With the PXI controller not the system controller I do not see the GPIB address of the HP computer nor can the PXI controller receive commands.

The goal is for the HP computer to be the system controller and have the PXI controller receive commands and respond with data when requested.

I have used VISA and GPIB vis. In VISA I can at least write to the printer. Using GPIB commands I have not been able to receive anything from the HP computer nor can I write to the printer.

I have another application where the PXI controller is the system controller on the GPIB bus and a different device responds to commands from the PXI using VISA.

Anyone have any experience interfacing to old HP computers?

• 2 months later...