Notifiers which don't arrive.

Hi!

I may ask a stupid task, but what do you thing about the following idea.

I have one main UI with three subpanel, two are always the same, and one is changing dinamically. I want to manage the shutdown event in that way:

1. Main UI fires the shutdown event and wait a notification from the two subpanel.

2. The two subpanel vis, recieve the event and close the hardware connections, send a notification to the MainUI.vi

3. Main UI recieves the notifications and continue its execution to shutdown.

I attach three screens, to show you how i implemented the notification comunication.

Couple of questions.

-Is it neccesary "create" first the notifier in the vi which will send the notification or is the same which vi creates it?

-As I want to comunicate among two different vi's , I implement inside each an "obtain Notifier" should I destroy this reference in both? Or destroying once is enough?

THANKS AGAIN!!

post-27162-0-37056700-1339679075_thumb.j

post-27162-0-91147300-1339679262_thumb.j

post-27162-0-43072900-1339679266_thumb.j

As long as you use exactly the same name to obtain the notifier, it's the same notifier regardless of which VI obtains it. Unless you pass the notifier refnum around, though, there's no way to only obtain it in one place. For every time you obtain the notifier, you should release it; LabVIEW maintains an internal counter of how many times it has been opened/closed and only when that counter reaches zero can those resources be freed.

• Like 1