read cell from Excel file

Hi

I am trying to read a data from an Excel File. I found how to put the excel file in the Front panel but i coul not find the way to read an specific cell.

I would like to know if anyone can help me in this topic.

thank you

lukas

2543[/snapback]

Lukas,

you will find an appropriate VI in the attachment.

Maybe today there are smarter ways to do the trick.

HTH Manfred

Download File:post-831-1099563407.llb

Hi

I am trying to read a data from an Excel File. I found how to put the excel file in the Front panel but i coul not find the way to read an specific cell.

I would like to know if anyone can help me in this topic.

thank you

lukas

2543[/snapback]

I have another way to read/write a data from/into an Excel File.

You can use the "file I/O>>write to Spreadsheet Files" to write a data into the excel file.

Like attached image:

post-705-1099580768.png?width=400

Than you can use same way "file I/O>>read from Spreadsheet Files" to read data from an excel file.

Like attached image:

post-705-1099581179.png?width=400

Hope this can help you. :thumbup:

I think, it depends on what format do you use in Exell file.. If it plain-text tab-separated .svc you can use "spreadsheet string". If this one is more complicated, or Exell formatted, you wil probably use installed Office package, and read it from ActiveX.. Another way is to do throu MS-ADO (Active Data Object library..), you should use ActiveX to get and to write to Exell workbook as to database. This works fine, and i think, you do not need to install whole Office for this..

/PBlue

Jimmy.

I can write to an Excel file but I can not read a data from an excel file. I am trying to use your example but it does not work.

Do you have the Excel open during the operation??

Concerning to the sheet, it must have the same name that the file??What happen if I have more than one sheet)

thank you

Lukas

• 10 months later...
Jimmy.

I can write to an Excel file but I can not read a data from an excel file. I am trying to use your example but it does not work.

Do you have the Excel open during the operation??

Concerning to the sheet, it must have the same name that the file??What happen if I have more than one sheet)

thank you

Lukas

2563[/snapback]

Try this.

Download File:post-2101-1126203354.vi