Friday in Austin?

Daklu

So I'm finally going to NI Week this year. I didn't know the fun wrapped up mid-day Thursday, so my return flight isn't until Friday evening.

Hanging out in my hotel room for a day is boring, not to mention a wasted opportunity. I'd much rather talk programming with other developers. Is anyone else going to be around on the Friday after NI Week? I'm thinking we can stake a claim somewhere and spend the day chewing on whatever topics come up.

• Like 1

Even if nothing is going on Thursday evening, you could try 6th street or other attractions. For Friday, you could try getting a tour from some of the NI guys, but I don't know if any of them plan on coming into the office after such a busy week.

I didn't know the fun wrapped up mid-day Thursday, so my return flight isn't until Friday evening.

A lot of ppl hang around until Friday morning, so Thursday night won't be wasted. The evening festivies are usually pretty tied up the rest of the week (Sun=Gingerman,Mon=AllianceParty/6th Street,Tue=LAVA/OpenG BBQ,Wed=Conference Party), so Thursday is more freeform.

I suggest you follow @lavag (if you're in to that sort of thing) as a bunch of us tweet to that account about things going on outside the conference.

• 2 weeks later...

Usually on Thursday night we meet in the loby of the Hilton and decide what to do then.

Last year it was Mexican.

the year before that it was Bar-B-Que and then we went to see the Bats flying off the bridge.

Any and everyone is invited and

Talking Shop is mandatory.

Mark

• Like 1
Usually on Thursday night we meet in the loby of the Hilton and decide what to do then.

the year before that it was Bar-B-Que and then we went to see the Bats flying off the bridge.

Oh yeah - we went to The Iron Works - it was awesome!

Any and everyone is invited and Talking Shop is mandatory.

Another reason it was awesome!