Open a file

Hi!

I like to open a spezial file (open visually, I would like to see the written text in the file). I created a file with a own path and I would like to open this file with a click on a button.

I took "open/create/replace file.vi" and wired the path as a proberty node and a constant named "open", too.

If I click the open file button it displays me a win dialog I should choose a file to open it.

How could I open it "real"?

:unsure:

If you need to open file just for editing, in notepad, f.example, commandline vill be look like this : "notepad c:/mypath/myfile.txt"

so, using concateate string, you can open every textfile you need..

If you want to open it in LabVIEW, you should use functions like "OpenFile" etc. While path calculations can be automated in many ways..

Say some more ..

/Proximableu

Hi!

I like to open a spezial file (open visually, I would like to see the written text in the file). I created a file with a own path and I would like to open this file with a click on a button.

I took  "open/create/replace file.vi" and wired the path as a proberty node and a constant named "open", too.

If I click the open file button it displays me a win dialog I should choose a file to open it.

2552[/snapback]

Hi,

I could not see the image you attached.

Have you checked the error cluster if an error is returned from the open create replace file.vi? Maybe the filepath is spelled wrong. If you do not want the advisory dialog you can disable this option at the VI.

althoug more info would help to get to the core of our question.

have fun

LX

Hi!

I took  "open/create/replace file.vi" and wired the path as a proberty node and a constant named "open", too.

2552[/snapback]

Why don't you do this way:

post-833-1099593657.png?width=400

OK, now I try something like this.

But so far I get a failure message:

Failure 10 arisen at new file in serial test....

Possible reasons: LV: path doubly

NI-488: New I/O expected with old I/O in range.

2570[/snapback]

The error is comming from another VI that is trying to write to the same file you are trying to read. When you use the "read characters from file.vi" it sets the read-only flag on the file. This means while you are reading the file, all other vi's accessing the file will give an error.

post-2-1099723398.gif?width=400