Best Temperature Controller with Labview?

Hello,

I am looking for a temperature controller to control with Labview.

I want to use Labview to input a custom temperature profile to the controller.

So far I tried to use the Omron E5CN but I cannot find a way to communicate with VISA/Compoway/Modbus & RS485/232 ports.

Does anyone know an alternative controller that is straightforward to use with Labview?

Well. I highly recommend Eurotherm controllers and they have LabVIEW drivers.

(Maybe I'm biased though since I used to work for them :D )

They are the better ones. Can be tricky to get them hooked up and working through the serial communication, but that is a problem you have with all serial devices in one way or the other. But once they work they just tend to sit there and keep working until the entire system is dismantled, even if that is 15 years later. :D

I had other experiences with West controllers (not my choice). The client having them in his system has to replace at least one of them every half year not only because it ceases to communicate over its communication link, but often even just starts to malfunction in its core task of controlling the process accurately. That is an expensive cost saving!

They are the better ones. Can be tricky to get them hooked up and working through the serial communication, but that is a problem you have with all serial devices in one way or the other. But once they work they just tend to sit there and keep working until the entire system is dismantled, even if that is 15 years later. :D

I still have a few of the Series 2000 pre-production prototypes, one of which has been running my central heating since 1998 :rolleyes: It's a bit of a waste of the controllers' talents-but rock solid!

I think the old ASCII Bi-synch and modbus drivers that I wrote are still around on the internet somewhere too