New Lego Mindstorms Kit (Coming Soon)

Whilst I applaud the coolness of this effort, if I was an engineer on this project I can't imagine feeling particularly satisfied that I'd used my talents in a worthwhile way to make the world a better place.

Someone got out of the wrong side of bed this morning :rolleyes:

Whilst I applaud the coolness of this effort, if I was an engineer on this project I can't imagine feeling particularly satisfied that I'd used my talents in a worthwhile way to make the world a better place.

They probably learned a lot on that project, learning is satisfying if you enjoy the subject. This subject is legos so I probably wouldn't have a feeling of being satisfied either. Some would say developing in a "fisher price" programming language can't be particularly satisfying either.

It does seem like this could make a nice marketing tool, for both Lego and Rolls Royce.

This would be a pretty cool pet project, but if it were what I was employed to do, I wouldn't really be satisfied until it ran. ;)

Yeah I'll admit I was half expecting it to just be a stationary model. When I saw it spinning I really wanted to see it go all out, and start spinning until the thing broke up all of its pieces. I guess that wouldn't be too good of an ending to 8 weeks worth of work.

if I was an engineer on this project I can't imagine feeling particularly satisfied...

Rolls Royce - large corporation

Aircraft Engines - highly regulated product

I'd be willing to bet spending 8 weeks building a lego engine is the most satisfying thing those four engineers have done in years. It sure beats pushing paperwork and fighting red tape.

Rolls Royce - large corporation

Aircraft Engines - highly regulated product

I'd be willing to bet spending 8 weeks building a lego engine is the most satisfying thing those four engineers have done in years. It sure beats pushing paperwork and fighting red tape.

FWIW: I work in regulated industries for about 80% of my job - and LOVE it!

Relf: I expect you'll be skipping the NI Week keynotes, then?

Oh dear.