look for MKS pressure transducer readout PDR 2000 driver

fanyf06

I've used MKS transducers before and have tied directly into the sensor, saving a fair amount of money since the DAQ device they sell is fairly expensive. It is pretty straightforward to do the DAQ yourself. Otherwise, their device responds to rs-232 commands that should be straightforward to implement with Visa calls. You probably won't find a driver since it's fairly straightforward serial communication, though this post from the darkside suggests that they may provide something upon request.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 years later...

Hi Jordan and Colin,

Thanks for your support. I'm new to MKS PDR 2000 Dual capacitance Manometer. I am familiar with serial communication and have used it often when communicating with a DB9 serial port on a computer. However, this controller has a DB15 female connector, so I'm confused on what exactly I should be doing to interface it with the laptop (as laptop doesn't have a DB15 serial connector port)?

I have a USB to DB9 (male) serial converter, which I then to a small box which connects three wires (Rx, Tx and Gnd) of DB9 connector to the DB15 connector. And then this connector goes to the female DB15 connector of the controller. I'm reading the manual and connecting the pin 7,8 and 9 (of DB15) to pin 3,2 and 5 (of DB9 connector). But, this doesn't seem to be working as I can't get the controller detected in the computer. I can only detect the USB to serial converter. 

Do you suggest to connect the controller directly to a PC with DB15 port (without USB to DB9 and DB9 to DB15 conversion)? 

Once I have the controller's connection established, then I think it is straightforward as I can use HyperTerminal for serial communication. 

It would be great if you could have some inputs for this problem. Please let me know your inputs.

Thanks in advance.

11 hours ago, Jaykumar Vaidya said:

I have a USB to DB9 (male) serial converter, which I then to a small box which connects three wires (Rx, Tx and Gnd) of DB9 connector to the DB15 connector. And then this connector goes to the female DB15 connector of the controller. I'm reading the manual and connecting the pin 7,8 and 9 (of DB15) to pin 3,2 and 5 (of DB9 connector). But, this doesn't seem to be working as I can't get the controller detected in the computer. I can only detect the USB to serial converter. 

According to this link mentioned in the post before yours, you got that wrong. pin 7, 8, 9 are the serial port signals on the DB9 connector. The DB15 connector has them on pin  1, 2, 4!

6 hours ago, Jaykumar Vaidya said:

Thank you for your reply. The link that you are referring to is for MKS 900 series transducer but I am working with PDR 2000 controller. But I got it working by swapping the Rx and Tx terminals. So now, pin 7,8 and 9 (of DB15) to pin 2,3 and 5 (of DB9 connector) works

Sounds like a masterpiece of engineering. Use a non-standard connector, resp. if they use the DB9 on the other device, connect its pins in a different way than standard, and then use for every new device again a different pinout. Someone must think selling custom cables is the way to earn lots of money! 😀