password protection to trigger on a date

Could I programmatically prompt the user for a password to view the block diagram from 15 th of August and let them see it until then. Is it easy to break this passoword? Can they find the password out using some clever softwares?

I am able to protect a vi using vi properties>>protection>>password protected. i would however like to however only enable it on 15th August. Any ideas?

This could be a neat addition to the NI LabVIEW Idea Exchange. In fact, I'd like to see something the other way around: password protected until a certain date - that would be a neat way to distribute code to the community if you had to lock your diagrams (the best way, of course, is to not password protect it at all :) )

Also, even if you could trigger a password later, there'd be nothing stopping your user from copying out the code form your diagram into another VI before the time limit expired.

"Also, even if you could trigger a password later, there'd be nothing stopping your user from copying out the code form your diagram into another VI before the time limit expired"

I am dealing with a customer who is different than the ones I had before. He likes to take all the block diagrams but refuse to pay once he has got all the code. If there is some kind of date trigger protection, next time he opens the block diagram, he may be prevented from seeing the block diagram. Just a thought!

I am surprized this feature already does not exist. I dont think I could protect my code and get rewarded for my efforts on the current project. Not sure what to do. I still love labview to bits. its incredible.

I am dealing with a customer who is different than the ones I had before. He likes to take all the block diagrams but refuse to pay once he has got all the code. If there is some kind of date trigger protection, next time he opens the block diagram, he may be prevented from seeing the block diagram. Just a thought!

This sounds like a situation where I would simply strip the block diagrams. There's no way I would continue delivering source code to a customer that had a history of not paying me for it.