Let's Build a Goddamn Tesla Museum

Fab

41 days remaining and they're already at 86%? We're building a goddamn Tesla museum.

If memory serves, the target is only half the amount needed to outbid another party for the land (with the other half matched by someone else, probably the state). You would probably need considerably more money to build an actual museum (not to mention that others may try to do their own outbidding).

If memory serves, the target is only half the amount needed to outbid another party for the land (with the other half matched by someone else, probably the state). You would probably need considerably more money to build an actual museum (not to mention that others may try to do their own outbidding).

You're correct, but the State of New York offered a matching granted of up to $850k. Now that the goal has been met, there's a minimum of $1.7mil available for purchasing, but my point was that with so much time left it's not too far from reasonable that a significant amount of donations continue to come in.

Edit: At the time of posting, they're at $1,049,922, plus the matching $850k, for a total of $1,899,922 with 37 days left. Incredible.

• 8 months later...
Still waiting for my goddamn tshirt...

They sent an e-mail update a couple of weeks ago that they were having problems with some people moving or changing their address. If you didn't get it, let me know and I can send you the e-mail where to ask for an update.

Sorry you haven't gotten it. I hope you get it on time for NI-Week ;)

• 11 months later...