Will Labview 8.2 EXE (developed in windowsXP) run in WinCE?

Hi,

I have developed a labview8.2 EXE and installer in windows Xp. My client want to run this EXE in WinCE.

Is it possible? If so what all toolkit should i get to make it run.

Basically my application uses NI Imaq and Visa for communication.

Thanks,

Vignesh

The executable as is certainly won't run, since it is compiled for the x86 CPU whereas all WinCE devices I know of use some sort of Risc CPU. The PDA Toolkit would allow you to convert the LabVIEW VI into an executable for the WinCE platform. The way this is done, is basically that the PDA Toolkit contains an addition that creates specific WinCE C++ source code that then gets compiled into an executable by the also installed Visual C for WinCE cross compiler runtime, that NI has licensed to distribute with the PDA Toolkit. However the PDA Toolkit is not very well supported as it only supports fairly old versions of WinCE and I doubt NI will invest more time and money into it.

The real killer is however probably that the IMAQ Toolkit contains native (compiled) code components in the form of shared libraries and is only available for Windows OS on x86 and x64. No other CPU nor platform, be it MacOS, Linux, WinCE, or whatever else you can imagine is supported by the IMAQ Toolkit.