Speech To text Conversion(Speech Recognition) Using LabVIEW

Roopa

Thank You Todd and Minh Pham!

I have made a VI which record and plays a real time voice.

I had read many papers on topic Speech Recognition, they says that next step is " feature Extraction" which can be done by many methods ( MFCC , LPC , LPCC, HFCC) and I don't know how to make any in LabVIEW.

I have downloaded Matlab code for them, but can't able to use Matlab tool in LabVIEW.

I am using trial version of LabVIEW 2011.

please guide me if either already some VI is available for LPC or MFCC or how to use matlab code in labview.

I have also Downloaded a Video related to my project, but there also facing problems for sub VI , i am attching the link, if it is made then also it is okay.

thanks a lot.

Please describe how you are going to solve the major problem by breaking it down to smaller problems (module level) and which one you are struggling with, what did you try so far, any code/example/model you want to post here so we can help.

Sir do you have any idea how to proceed

There are nodes that let you drop Matlab code directly into LabVIEW (with a limited function set). However I believe they require more than the trial version of LV (not sure what version you need - check the NI website). Note this also requires a Matlab license which I am assuming you already have.

Sure it is. LV Speak is open source and implements speech recognition through the Microsoft Speech SDK.

It may not be very much if the purpose of that project is to actually do some work on the speech recognition algorithmes themselves and not just create an application that can do speech recognition. However there have been many companies trying to get a well working speech recognition software designed and more than one of them failed. So it is definitely not trivial and an area of expertise with only very few people knowing the in depth details.

Most of them probably aren't here on lava but on more special interest boards into that area.

I guess Siri if one of them ;-)

I consider it in fact one of the more successful ones. I'm no Apple fanboy by a long stretch but not everything Apple does is bad. :lol:

But I have not seen any speech recognition solution yet that had not various troubles in one way or the other, and some simply did not work at all. Designing algorithms to recognize perfectly recorded voice isn't that complicated, but we usually do not want to go into a multi million dollar recording studio to dictate our little smart phone some commands. :P

• 3 years later...

Sir please help me in making speech to text converter

You won't get much help with such a request. It's asking "please do my homework for me". Try posting your attempt at it. If you want someone to just do it for you, then expect to pay a rate anywhere from $20 to $200 per hour. Probably 50% in advance.