Labview 7.1

Azazel

Hello all,

I recently upgraded from labview 7.0 to 7.1. Before the upgrade my vi's worked fine. After the upgrade my programs keep crapping out at a section in my code where I create a new folder dependant on user information. Has any one experienced this problem before? I think it is frikin weird and I can't figure out why this is occuring. Any thoughts?

Hello all,

I recently upgraded from labview 7.0 to 7.1.  Before the upgrade my vi's worked fine. After the upgrade my programs keep crapping out at a section in my code where I create a new folder dependant on user information.  Has any one experienced this problem before?  I think it is frikin weird and I can't figure out why this is occuring.  Any thoughts?

2668[/snapback]

I've noticed some File I/O problems when trying to delete files. It seems as if it is a permissions problem. Perhaps LabVIEW is locking the file and not releasing it, causing subsequent operations to fail.

What does your code do, specifically? Can you post an example?

-Jim

I've noticed some File I/O problems when trying to delete files.  It seems as if it is a permissions problem.  Perhaps LabVIEW is locking the file and not releasing it, causing subsequent operations to fail.

What does your code do, specifically?  Can you post an example?

-Jim

2669[/snapback]

It seems there are some new error handling capabilities in 7.1. In my old code when I was creating a path, but with nothing in the control string, it would sipple state <not a path> and continue on its merry way. In 7.1, a error window pops up with the same <not a path> stopping my code. I went to the options menu and turned off error handling dialoge box and the code works again. I guess this option would be good for some codes but not mine.

Azazel