Merge Two Reference Clusters into One

Dan07

Hello,

I have two reference clusters that are strict type def. and I need to merge them into one but keeping the Labels of the objects. This is just an example because I have a larger code with several objects and I need to merge references clusters into one, since many SubVIs have unbundle by name functions already setted. It is a long story. LOL

I don't need to have it happening on run time, it can be done before allowing me to create one single reference cluster that I will feed to my unbundle functions into the SubVIs.

Find below a picture showing what I want to achieve.

Thanks.

Dan07

post-27787-0-12028500-1347505533_thumb.j

Hello,

I have two reference clusters that are strict type def. and I need to merge them into one but keeping the Labels of the objects. This is just an example because I have a larger code with several objects and I need to merge references clusters into one, since many SubVIs have unbundle by name functions already setted. It is a long story. LOL

I don't need to have it happening on run time, it can be done before allowing me to create one single reference cluster that I will feed to my unbundle functions into the SubVIs.

Find below a picture showing what I want to achieve.

Thanks.

Dan07

post-27787-0-12028500-1347505533_thumb.j

Don't build an array. Build a cluster.

• Like 2

ShaunR

Your solution is great! Is it possible to merge all References Cluster into one but when I unbundle it by name and select which element I want, don't have to select first the source cluster (in your example, Cluster 1 or Cluster 2) and then the reference that I want? Is it possible to bypass the selection of the Cluster name (Cluster 1 or Cluster 2) and have only the list of all objects in Cluster 1 and Cluster 2, everything together into one single list?

Thanks.

Dan07.

post-27787-0-47559300-1347508674.jpg

Did I read that right ShaunR? If I right click on a name node it will let me hide the long names? That's awesome. Thanks I didn't know that.

Yeah very useful for clusters of clusters of clusters...etc. I do my best to not have any items in my cluster have the same name as another item in another cluster. When hide long names is turned on, a quick glance may not be enough to ensure the right element was selected, if the same name is used.