New Messaging VIs

crossrulz

I started working on a reuse library late last year. I've been working on it off and on. Anyways, I would like to submit it for OpenG. So here's the first batch of code.

There are two main parts to this library. First, I included templates for Action Engines for using Queues, Notifiers, and Events. These AEs are pretty simple, but have become a criitcal part of some of my architectures over the years. They are controled using a type def enum.

The otehr main part is an Functional Global Variable for stopping an application. I called it a Stop Global. The key features with this FGV is a Set and a Reset mechanism and the use of an Event in order to tell an event structure to exit. I didn't like the idea of using a timeout event in order to poll the global. And yes, the event is controled with an AE that was created by one of the templates.

I zipped up the code and left an example of how to use the Stop Global. Everything should be saved in 2011. If you need me to save back to 2009, let me know.

Thoughts? Critisism? Praise? Ideas to make them better? Good for OpenG?

I'll post more of my library for submisison a little down the road.

Messaging.zip

Stop Global Example.vi

Messaging Library Descriptions.txt

Edited by crossrulz