Property node fail when building applications

Ano Ano

Hello,

At the start of my vi I have a DAQmx System property node to detect the NI products that are connected on the pc.

when I run the vi everything works perfect. When I built the application the .exe freezes when it reaches the DAQmx System propert node.

I even tried to make a vi with only this property node in it and built it to an .exe, and as expected it froze!

I am running Labview 10.01f4 and this issue appeared after installing the latest LV update & NI-DAQmx 9.6.

Has anyone encountered this problem?

Any ideas how to solve it (without uninstalling everything:P)

Thank you in advance

I replicated your code on my machine and it ran as an executable without issue. I used LabVIEW 2011, NI-DAQmx 9.5.5 with MAX 5.3.2 (if that makes any difference).on a Windows 7 machine.

Have you tried just using simulated DAQ hardware (unplug the USB devices)? It may not solve your problem, but if the code runs with simulated hardware and not real, then it may help pinpoint if the issue is hardware related.

It locks up right on the first iteration, right? My recommendation would be to trying reproducing the problem on another machine - if you can't, repair your DAQmx install. If that doesn't work, then try downgrading DAQmx to DCorney's version, in case a bug was introduced.

I am attaching a printscreen of the node in question.

In a previous project we had a similar issue, but with a Ethernet chassie (NI-9188).

The reason for the "hang", or rather a very long detection time, was that a previously used 9188 device (existing in MAX) was unplugged from the system. We solved it (I think) by refreshing the MAX configuration.

/J

Thank you all for the suggestions.

Ton : The .exe crashed on my developer & on another developer system with the same LV version (10.1f4 & DAQmx 9.6)

Mellroth: Yes, I did refreshed MAX and I kept having this issue.

asbo: I ended up uninstalled all Labview component and installed only the LV 10.1 that came with the DVD. This did not work either so I backed up everything....and formated the drive!

After re-installing LV 10.1 (DVD only) I was able to build everything properly:))

I will try to upgrade to DAQ 9.5.5 which was the last stable version for me and wait for a 9.6.5 or something similar...

Bummer that it took so much effort to get things working. However, if you have time to kill, it would be interesting to know if upgrading back to DAQmx 9.6 reproduces the issues. That way, you could hand it off to NI with a test case so they can fix it.