How to add security key in NI-9191?

Ano Ano

Hello,

I am building an application that interrogates up to 4 NI-9191 wirelessly.

I want the application to identify and use/connect only the NI-9191 that I will supply to the client. The reason for this is to void cheeky clients that might be tempted to "replicate" the system.

Is there any way that I can write a specific number/id to the NI-9191 so that when the application is launched, to read all wireless NI-9191 out there and connect only to the devices with this specific number?

I would imagine, you could use the serial number or MAC address.

Note to consider: What would happen when the NI 9191 fails and your client needs to replace one? Also, if your that worried about you client attempting to replicate the system, why are you doing business with them or charge appropriately?

Edited by Ryan Podsim

Thank you for your prompt reply.

The management wants to ensure that no one will/can replicate the system regardless where we sell it. So its not a particular dodgy client.

In essence what I as the developer want to do is find a security method so that the software works with specific devices (or choose from a list, incase one fails) and there is some sort of license key.

This license key needs to be in the same methodology as with the windows keys ie I burn "X" amount of cd/dvd with the same software and have a set of keys that will activate the program.