New Timing VI: Long Wait

Here is another VI I am submitting for OpenG. It is for when you have to wait for something to happen and this wait is in the domain of seconds. You don't want the user sitting there wandering if the program froze. So I made a VI for these long waits that includes a progress bar.

Notice that this VI uses my Global Stop VI found here.

post-11268-0-84253000-1349460612_thumb.p

Thoughts? Critisism? Praise? Ideas to make it better? Good for OpenG?

Long Wait.vi

Here's one I posted a while back that you just drop in any For Loop that may take a while. It will pop itself open and show progress if a certain amount of time has elapsed and the loop isn't halfway done yet.

Darren's Weekly Nugget 06/26/2006

Very slick, surprised you have no comments on it in the last 6 years. I personally use the WireFlow Progress, available through VIPM. I wrap it in a functional global, so it is easier to use, and has my more commonly used functions exposed. I then wrap that into three sub VIs, Create, Update, and Close that behave as expected with only the needed terminals showing.

It does have a delay before being shown as well so it isn't seen for quick loading. It also has the ability to cancel, which I think is nice, especially because I can just turn on termination for my for loop, and wire the cancel into that.

Very slick, surprised you have no comments on it in the last 6 years. I personally use the WireFlow Progress, available through VIPM. I wrap it in a functional global, so it is easier to use, and has my more commonly used functions exposed. I then wrap that into three sub VIs, Create, Update, and Close that behave as expected with only the needed terminals showing.

It does have a delay before being shown as well so it isn't seen for quick loading. It also has the ability to cancel, which I think is nice, especially because I can just turn on termination for my for loop, and wire the cancel into that.

I was just adding a some links to YouTube clips demonstrating the usage of the WireFlow ProgressBar module and now I see it beeing referenced ;-)

As hooovahh mentioned the module allows any application to get ProgressBar functionality with optional delay and cancel button. It is also pretty easy to create your own customized ProgressBar window.

hooovahh: would you like to see the functional global approach added to the palettes? (just send me a PM if you have other requests)

/J

• Like 1

I was just adding a some links to YouTube clips demonstrating the usage of the WireFlow ProgressBar module and now I see it beeing referenced ;-)

/J

Thanks for drawing my attention to the WireFlow ProgrssBar I have not come across this before, it looks quite interesting and something I think I should find time to play with.

Please can you post a link here when you have the demonstration clips on-line.

cheers

Dannyt

Thanks for drawing my attention to the WireFlow ProgrssBar I have not come across this before, it looks quite interesting and something I think I should find time to play with.

Please can you post a link here when you have the demonstration clips on-line.

cheers

Dannyt

You can find the WireFlow YouTube channel at

http://www.youtube.c...ture=CAQQwRs%3D

/J