Full Keyboard on REACH Touch Panels

egraham

For those of you out there that have experience with the REACH touch panels, has anyone created a complete keyboard yet? The examples provided by REACH are limited in that they are only letters or numbers and lack a lot of the additional characters that make up a complete keyboard.

If anyone has done this work already and wants to share it, let me know!

Thanks,

Eric

Thanks to both of you for pointing out these keyboard options. Unfortunately the REACH touch screens rely on bitmap images that have to be uploaded via serial or using an SD card. They can't actually display LabVIEW front panels. At this point it's looking like I will have to create my own.

I should post this for anyone's future reference who happens to be doing a search. There is an example provided by REACH that I had overlooked. They call it ikb and it's one of the demos. It's a more complete keyboard, but is stil lacking as there are some undesirable visual artifacts on some of the bitmap images used. I had to modify some of the macros to make it useable for my application, but a lot of the functionality was already there in the example macro so it definitely saved me some work.

• 10 months later...

Hey egraham,

We made a full keyboard for the Reach Screen for one of our projects. There's no way around it, it's a bitch. We drove the reach screen with Python instead of LabVIEW as we hooked up the REACH to a linux single board computer. I can show you a video of it working if you like or answer questions.

- Ken