PCI DIO 96 card made the computer stop booting.

Grey

I’m using “PCI-DIO-96”card . so far it worked good. this morning suddenly it starts giving problem. The computer is not booting if I placed this card in the PCI slot.

If I remove this PCI card from the system starts boot normally. No idea why this card make the PC non responsive.

I tried this in another computer also. Same result.

This is second time in two months.

I’m not able to find the root cause why this card made the computer stop booting..

Anybody face this type of issue?

Please advise.

thanks.

Hi Grey,

Strange thing.

Maybe you could have tried using a different PCI slot First, but I See you tried in a different PC.

Is there still any warranty from NI?

Can you make sure that you keep the limits from the specs for the I/O side?

Is the Power supply strong enough to power the additional card?

Could there be any ground loop between DGND and earth potential through your actors and Sensors?

Espelkamper

I haven't had an issue like this for many years - back in the olden days cards didn't have good "insulation" between forward-facing DAQ connectors and PC-side bus chips, so sometimes a bad hook-up, too much voltage/current in my test rig, etc, would fry the card. These days, it usually just fries a channel, but if it's really bad, it could take down a card.

So, first check your wiring, signals, etc, and make sure they're all well within the operating ranges of the card. Next, talk to NI and have them review what you're doing - there may be an issue with the card's design, but the PCI-DIO-96 has been around for a loooong time and has been used in a lot of applications, so that seems unlikely. It's possible that NI has recently changed something in the production process, so there might be a bad batch?