Is Imaq 7 compatible with Labview 6.1 ?

Hi, I'm using Labview 6.1 and NI-IMAQ 2.5.1 is bundled together with it. However I require some VIs which aren't included in this IMAQ version.

If I were to install IMAQ 7, will there be any compatibility problems ?

And also, is it possible to download certain IMAQ VIs from anywhere? I only require IMAQ BCGLookup.vi and IMAQ Write Jpeg File.vi and of course any sub VIs within those two (if any).

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Hi, I'm using Labview 6.1 and NI-IMAQ 2.5.1 is bundled together with it. However I require some VIs which aren't included in this IMAQ version.

If I were to install IMAQ 7, will there be any compatibility problems ?

And also, is it possible to download certain IMAQ VIs from anywhere? I only require IMAQ BCGLookup.vi and IMAQ Write Jpeg File.vi and of course any sub VIs within those two (if any).

Thanks!

2715[/snapback]

Yes, you can use IMAQ 7 with LabView 6.1.

HOWEVER:

1. IMAQ 7 will require new image type definition. This image def is supported only in NI-IMAQ 2.6 or higher, so you will need to upgrade the NI-IMAQ you have to 2.6

2. After installation of IMAQ 2.6, you will note that ALL your VI's with old image type require the image type upgrade. This is done semi-automatically and not very gracefully using a separate utility VI supplied by NI.

Michael