How to marge excel files

Nachmany

Hi Team,

I'm a new member, start to learn and use Labview 2 month ago.

I need your assist with excel files....

I have 12 of excel files that I want to combine into one excel file. I want the data from each worksheet to get piled up into one big file, in one excel workbook.

For example:

First excel file A.xls with 2 worksheet A1 and A2.

Second excel file B.xls with 2 worksheet B1 and B2.

etc....

Finaly. I would like to creat Vi and get One Excel File (For Example... c.xls) which is including 4 worksheet --> A1, A2, B1, B2 with all the data.

Thanks in advance,

Nachmany

Hi todd,

For creat xls file i use "Write To Spreadsheet File.vi"

It's work fine, and finaly I get Excel file (xls or xlsx).

Sorry but my LabView software not including "report generation toolkit".

Please advice, if you have any solution to marge xls files.

Best Regards,

Nachmany

Write to Spreadsheet file, does not produce an Excel file.

It produces a file that Excel converts into an Excel file (you could open the file with any text editor like Notepad).

Excel files like you need are build using the Excel ActiveX interface, and the Report Generation Toolkit is a method to control that.

However I won't be surprised if there isn't some VBA on the internet (Excel code) to merge Excel files into one file with different sheets per source file.

Ton

Write to Spreadsheet file, does not produce an Excel file.

It produces a file that Excel converts into an Excel file (you could open the file with any text editor like Notepad).

Excel files like you need are build using the Excel ActiveX interface, and the Report Generation Toolkit is a method to control that.

However I won't be surprised if there isn't some VBA on the internet (Excel code) to merge Excel files into one file with different sheets per source file.

Ton

exactly.

if you want to do it easily in LabVIEW get the RGT, if not do the ActiveX work. You'll be better off in the long run with the RGT since everyone has a need to export to Excel and you'll just wind up recreating the toolkit.

if you want to do it easily in LabVIEW get the RGT, if not do the ActiveX work. You'll be better off in the long run with the RGT since everyone has a need to export to Excel and you'll just wind up recreating the toolkit.

I've only ever used the RGT for outputting Excel-format files. It has the capability to read as well?

I've only ever used the RGT for outputting Excel-format files. It has the capability to read as well?

To a degree, yes. You can read the data in from existing files. I suppose it depends on what formatting exists and if it is standard across the different documents on how much you would wind up doing with the toolkit and at which point you'd just grab the activeX references and do it yourself.