This crashes LabVIEW on my computer

It's still broken in a yet-unannounced version after LV 2012, whose version number remains entirely unguessable.

I filed CAR 382426. I have no workaround, since I don't know much about the compile process. I've noted in the CAR to post the workaround here if there is one.

• Like 1

The last error referring to boolean data gives away that this is related to the conditional terminals on the outputs. Remove these and it works fine, going back to the old ways on these may solve the issue in this case (and give you better performance, the current performance is equivalent to build array in a case structure).

The last error referring to boolean data gives away that this is related to the conditional terminals on the outputs. Remove these and it works fine, going back to the old ways on these may solve the issue in this case (and give you better performance, the current performance is equivalent to build array in a case structure).

Wow James! How should we know that csrc=0x21 means a boolean? :D

Of course now you have said it, I remember the typecodes of the typedef data, but would never have come on my own to this conclusion. Also is it just a problem with booleans on the conditional terminal or the conditional terminal in general? With booleans I could live easily as I usually would use bitflags anyhow for such applications.

Its actually not that one but you get three or four errors the last of which mentions bool.

I have seen similar errors before, there is a bug in 2010 where if you have FPGA nodes and remote debug an RTEXE these get thrown and from that I know from experimenting from that each message will correspond to one node causing the issue (in that case it corresponded to the number of read/write nodes).

Darin, do you say that conditional tunnels should not be allowed on Parallel For Loops because the conventional way of writing the code with a case structure and build array is not parallelizable, or is there another reason why you don't think it should be allowed?

The LabVIEW compiler actually transforms conditional tunnels into a representation that we can safely parallelize, but there are a few bugs that users have reported.

For some strange reason I was getting compile errors yesterday for all of my attempts to parallelize loops with conditional indexing. Perhaps playing with timestamps was a problem. A few reboots later and today I can actually get it to work in my benchmarking code.

Good news: On my dual-core machine I can get about 6% improvement by enabling parallelism.

Bad news: That still leaves it 4x slower than the standard replace+trim method.

It seems a bit finicky, but if the bugs are fixed then I will retract my comment and say let them stay. No Panacea, and it is yet to be determined if the modest boost is maintained if the code is optimized.

Virtual beer (real if I ever make to NI week) when the concurrent filter reduction significantly beats the optimized single thread version.

• 3 months later...
It's still broken in a yet-unannounced version after LV 2012, whose version number remains entirely unguessable.

I filed CAR 382426. I have no workaround, since I don't know much about the compile process. I've noted in the CAR to post the workaround here if there is one.

This CAR has been fixed in LV 2013.  The fix should be in LV 2013 Beta 2.

MikhaelH: If you're part of the beta program, you can download the LV 2013 Beta 2 and test it out.  If not, PM me and I'll send you a link to sign up and my email address to get you into the beta program.

This CAR has been fixed in LV 2013.  The fix should be in LV 2013 Beta 2.

MikhaelH: If you're part of the beta program, you can download the LV 2013 Beta 2 and test it out.  If not, PM me and I'll send you a link to sign up and my email address to get you into the beta program.

Thanks,

I have both 32 and 64 bit versions for 2013b2 and I can test it this week.