Pt-by-pt VIs Arbitrarily Switching sign

ShaunR

I've been troubleshooting some code to find out why I was getting corruption in waveforms when using the Pt-by-Pt VIs.

It seems that it it a problem with the latest lvanlys.dll in the run-time since older installations do not exhibit the problem. It affects all labview versions (from 2009 onwards) and both 32 bit and 64 bit.

This is the result from an installation using lvanlys.dll version 9.1.0.428

And here from an installation using lvanlys.dll version 10.0.1.428

The problem is that the output is switching sign at arbitrary intervals as can be seen in the following table:

Edited by ShaunR

There doesn't seem to be a problem in LabVIEW 2012 (lvanlys.dll 12.0.0.3) or LabVIEW 2011 (lvanlys.dll 11.0.1.2), checked for both 32-bit and 64-bit. This is on a machine with only those versions installed.

Yup. I think lvanlys.dll is installed with the Device Drivers CD (the machine also has 2012, but the lvanlys.dll seems to be from 2010). That would also explain why it affects all versions.

Just downloading the latest Device Drivers installer to see if that cures it.

Do you see the same thing if you just put a linear sequence of numbers into the sine primitive? I can't find any known issues that describes this behavior, I would suggest calling your NI branch and reporting it, we should at least get it documented even if it has been fixed in the latest versions.

Do you see the same thing if you just put a linear sequence of numbers into the sine primitive?

I ran the updater on that machine (had to drag it over to the offices to get an internet connection), updated everything and the problem seems to have gone away. It solved the problem, but I can't tell you which patch/update/package was the one that fixed it and I can't now replicate the problem-just needed to get it working.

Edited by ShaunR