Save and Write Configuration Settings

Tobi_J

Dear Labview Users,

I want to build a VI that can read and write the settings for the controls. The VI should be able to write certain config-settings and be able to read it in the same control.

I found Labview examples (Read Configuration Settings File.vi  and Write Configuration Settings File.vi  both attached below) and the writing of the control-doubles via the Write Key.vi  works just fine.

The problem arises when the config-settings should be read, since a “control” in Labview cannot be used as an “indicator”.

Basically I want to have both VIs (Read Configuration Settings File.vi  and Write Configuration Settings File.vi) in one VI and that the indicator/control on the front panel is the same.

Thanks for your help

Tobi

Read Configuration Settings File.vi

Write Configuration Settings File.vi

The main reason I don't use the OpenG panel VIs is that quite often I want only a subset of the controls and it's important not to handle some of the controls I want to avoid. Usually it's either a matter of building the refs array manually or using one or more of the Controls[] properties and then deleting the unwanted refs from that.

The main reason I don't use the OpenG panel VIs is that quite often I want only a subset of the controls and it's important not to handle some of the controls I want to avoid. Usually it's either a matter of building the refs array manually or using one or more of the Controls[] properties and then deleting the unwanted refs from that.

Your are right, these VIs should have some filtering functions. E.g. All controls/indicators where the Label Name starts/ends with a certaing character "...$".

Or just have an array of controls refs and only use thoses.

//Mike