We need a new password cracker :-(

Anyways, I reread my own post and I may be coming off as something of a doomsday preacher. Sorry about that to all of you!

No worries.  There are days where I come on here and probably say things out of emotion and say things I don't mean to try to get a point across.  Password protection, IP protection, and low level LabVIEW secrets on this forum have been a hot topic, and people are very opinionated, which makes for some topics which seem to add nothing to the greater knowledge that this forum is intended for.

I understand your position and feelings about IP and DRM.  I also understand what flarn wants to do, and to an extent what drives him in his pursuit of all that is LabVIEW secrets.  I too would like to know the dark secrets of LabVIEWs inner workings.  I'm always interested in what there is to learn when it comes to LabVIEW, but at some point you cross the line and for everyone that line is different.  Laws are intended to make that line the same but in many cases is still a grey area.  In my opinion stating that "we need a new password cracker" goes too far, but at the same time I did not know that in 2012 the password scheme was changed to counteract previous flaws.  And had it not been for this post I may have never known.

Man I'm all over the place with this post.  I congratulate anyone who understood the message I was trying to say.

• 4 months later...

And you are charging money for your application that cracks LabVIEW passwords? Funny...

/Steen

We are use GPU server to crack Labview password.. It is 20word, It is Success,

1~20word, include `,1,2,4,5....a,b,c,d,.....A,B,C,D

Labview Password Crack,Remove,Cracker,Remover
Type: Remove Password Labview Vi,Labview Remove Password Protection
<link removed>

And you are charging money for your application that cracks LabVIEW passwords? Funny...

/Steen

That's what I always think when I see these services pop up.  That's like going to the PirateBay and offering discounted iTunes gift cards.