kinect for windows cannot find microsoft.kinect.dll

shense

I wanna do something about  kinect  with labview,

but after installing kinect sdk, develop toolkit, and Kinesthesia LabVIEW Toolkit for Microsoft Kinect ,when i want to open the vi, it was always looing for microsoft.kinect.dll ,

i found the dll in installed diretory, but can not call it.

what can i do ? 

Most likely it is because the Kinect DLL is built in .Net 4.0 and you have to manually enable CLR 4.0 support in LabVIEW for it to work. There should be instructions in the user manual that ships with the toolkit that describe how to do it, or you can also check out the LabVIEW help.
thanks a lot ,it has been solved as this method
Even if you do not use this toolkit, I believe the installation instructions here will get you where you need to go.

http://labviewhacker.com/doku.php?id=%20[[projects:lv_kinect_interface:lv_kinect_interface|]]

thanks Edited by shense
Most likely it is because the Kinect DLL is built in .Net 4.0 and you have to manually enable CLR 4.0 support in LabVIEW for it to work.  There should be instructions in the user manual that ships with the toolkit that describe how to do it, or you can also check out the LabVIEW help.

Just be aware that this setting can cause builds to fail with very strange errors, e.g. on my system I could not build applications that linked to the LabVIEW error database. At first I removed the "Copy error code files" option to be able to build my application, but in the end I realized that the .NET 4.0 was the actual cause.

/J

• 6 months later...

i've done all this step:

1. Install the .NET 4.0 Framework on your development machine.
  2. Open a text editor and create a configuration file that contains the following text:

<?xml version ="1.0"?>
    <configuration>
     <startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">
    <supportedRuntime version="v4.0.30319"/>
     </startup>
    </configuration>
  3. Save this new configuration file in the same directory as LabVIEW.exe. Name the file LabVIEW.exe.config.
  4. Relaunch LabVIEW.

but with no result always the same error, it can not find microsoft.kinect.dll, please if any one can help me and send the file or a video that showing how configuring the file and thank to all.