NI_AALPro.lvlib missing from installation

I finally convinced Bossman we should move to making 64-bit exectuables, since most of our analysts use 64-bit machines.  And it's a pain developing on a 64-bit machine, porting all the code to a 32-bit machine, recompiling, rebuilding, making an installation, blah, blah, blah.

So I make my first real 64-bit build, put all my exes into an installer, and...  it doesn't run.  Specifically anything that is calling NI_AALPro.lvlib doesn't run.  It seems to be missing.  When it's run from dynamic code, the code just gets the "Code error" message and doesn't run.  When it's called normally, the exe throws lots of errors on startup like:

"An error occurred loading NI_AALPro.lvib: Unwrap Phase.vi  LabVIEW load code error 3: Could not open front panel."  (not really sure why this is an error, since Unwrap Phase isn't supposed to have an open front panel)

And when the front panel of the exe opens (with a broken error, of course) there's a long list of NI_AALPro.lvib vis that are missing.

Ironically, the exact same build/installer parameters (as far as I can tell) work fine when done on a 32-bit machine.  Sigh.

mje in this thread said he had to install the runtime separately to make his installation work correctly.  I tried this, and the exes are now running correctly. 

But this is not a good long term solution as these applications need to be installed on a few dozen computers, many of which I will not have access to until right before the next test.  And Bossman isn't very happy with me...

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

• Like 1
mje in this thread said he had to install the runtime separately to make his installation work correctly.  I tried this, and the exes are now running correctly. 

This sounds like you need to ensure that the Math Kernel Libraries are included into your installer.

Specifically, if you have downloaded the full RTE to your computer and run the self-extracting archive, it's the MSIs at the location: C:National Instruments DownloadsLabVIEW Run-Time Engine2012 (32-bit) f3ProductsMKL_2012

It's often possible to include only segments of the RTE without requiring the 200MB+ footprint; in this case, I think it's MKL for ya.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1
This sounds like you need to ensure that the Math Kernel Libraries are included into your installer. 

Unfortunately, the Math Kernal Libraries *are* included.  They're checked with all the other RTE stuff.  But, being the mistrustful type, I explicitly reinstalled them (both 32 & 64b).  I got the usual Repair, Modify, Delete options, deleted, then reinstalled.  Still doesn't work. But thanks for the suggestion.

• 5 months later...