Programatically Enable and Disable collumn in the 2D Array

pravin

Create an event for the "Mouse Down?" on the array control.  Then use the VI here to get the index that the mouse is on based the coordinates of the mouse.  Then if the column equals the value you want to not allow the user to edit, then send a TRUE to the "Discard?" terminal (all of this within the same "Mouse Down?" event).

I tried making a VI to show you but for some reason I can't download the VI from Lava.  There's been some minor database issues around here lately so I hope when you read this you are able to get the VI.

EDIT: I believe this is the same VI on NI's forums.

Edited by hooovahh
Thanks for reply, but i don't want to use event I want to enable and disable of column index of 2D array.

Please see below attached imageattachicon.gifArray Collumn enable disable.jpg

Each element of an array has the same properties.  Therefore you cannot disable some elements of an array using properties, you must disable all of them or enable all of them.  Is there something wrong with using an event to programatically disable them?

Hi

I don't think you can do that with array. Because  arrays  managed them element as unique. If you modify properties of one element , you modify all.

The only way i see to do that is to creat three state element (one position for actived, one for desactived , and one for grayed) and manage each elemnt as you want.

Eric