Floating Point Equal? primitive

Can anyone imagine why it is missing from the standard palette?

It's in LV since version 8.0 ...

My imagination is limited so I selected the context help - it sends you to '(Incomplete) Beta Function'. So I'd guess that either it dropped off someone's radar at NI or there was a problem with the implementation and someone forgot to remove it (and dropped off the radar ever since!).

Nice find :thumbup1:

It would be nice if the tolerance had a default value so for most use cases we didn't have to specify it.

Especially if the default tolerance would automatically adjust according to the type of floating  fixed point number wired into it. (misread and thought the title said fixed point.  would still be cool if it could automatically adapt to fixed point inpuits).

There are multiple "correct" ways to check for near equality and perhaps the implementation as it stands is not what NI wanted to endorse as the way of doing things. As in many things, often the best implementation depends on context. Just my guess.

I think it's neat the primitive exists, but don't see it as a major loss that the functionality isn't on the native palette.

This is a prime example of digging around in LabVIEW and finding fool's gold instead of actual gold.

Well, that's why I asked about it. Thank you! Nevertheless I think there should be done something about it:

Either implement the primitive properly or remove it entirely. Since it was never released this should break nobody's code. :D