Broken RSS Feed (LAVA Forums)

That is weird, I try to load it in Internet Explorer, Firefox, Thunderbird and even on different machines and systems...

I tried to read the page source and everything seems to be there (in Firefox)? :blink:

*start of further investigation :ph34r:

I've been told that there is an error console for Thunderbird, so I checked it and :yes:

There is an error message complaining about line 1036 (not well-formed)...

That is:

<description><![CDATA[I'm getting a string formatted like this:  Q#b  Q#b  Q#b  Q#b  Q#b  Q#b  Q#b  Q#b  Q#b  Q#b...

**Just noticed that the special signes got ereased from my post, but you can check the link below...

***Is it possible that the problem is related to special signes of the good-old lavag site before it changed a while ago (the post is from 2005)?

Which is related to the post:

That line seems to be fine syntax to me (it's a CDATA section, so why the ****), even though we got some special chars in there.

However could anyone please explain why it is not working for me?

@Michael: Which application did you use to load the page?

I guess right now I've two options:

:frusty:

:throwpc:

Edited by LogMAN
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

As much as I don't want to bring this topic back, the feed is broken again!

:throwpc:

This time check out that post here and read the title...

Since the post is quite new, the problem is currently in line 232 of the RSS. My XML check (notepad++) gives me a parsing error:

post-17453-0-13290000-1379328823.jpg

Can anybody confirm this?

• 1 month later...

I use the RSS, but I also go to the site and look at View New Content too.  So while I notice RSS broke this morning, I just went to the site and clicked on all the new posts I was interested in.

How can you rely on RSS alone anyway?  Doesn't it only show new threads and not new posts?

I use the RSS, but I also go to the site and look at View New Content too.  So while I notice RSS broke this morning, I just went to the site and clicked on all the new posts I was interested in.

How can you rely on RSS alone anyway?  Doesn't it only show new threads and not new posts?

No, the RSS shows topics which recently received a new post with the most recent one on the top (there has been a Feed from 2011 some days ago -> 'Editing an Existing Class'). New topics fall automatically into this category though. Anyways I have the choice to follow a topic and not see all 10+ posts of one I don't really care about...

Don't get me wrong, I do use the 'View New Content' Area, when I'm forced to, but I guess I'm just lazy :D  ( and I'm frustrated when stuff does not work as intended  :throwpc:  ) ( Also, it seems I'm not too lazy to complain about it :lol:  )

Anyways I have the choice to follow a topic and not see all 10+ posts of one I don't really care about...

The bullet to the left of the topic in the new content list brings you to the oldest unread reply in the thread.

P.S. I would also be willing to help with moderation if needed. There's certainly no reason a small number of people should carry the load if more are required. It seemed to work out fine back when we sorted the old content and I also think that the spam attack did considerable harm to the site (although it seems to be letting up. I only see one from the last few hours).