SQL Image bin data Convert to picture

Picture in SQL Server Tab which format is image bin,how to convert to picture format(BMP、JPGorPNG) and display in labview.

Some one have idea?

Thanks

I'm not familiar with the BIN file format for images.  It maybe a stream, which you can use with the Windows PictureBox.  If this is the case you can create a .NET Control in LabVIEW to open it.  If this isn't the case you may need to post an example BIN file so we can help understand what the file format is and how to view it.

Edited by hooovahh
I'm not familiar with the BIN file format for images.  It maybe a stream, which you can use with the Windows PictureBox.  If this is the case you can create a .NET Control in LabVIEW to open it.  If this isn't the case you may need to post an example BIN file so we can help understand what the file format is and how to view it.

I think he just means it is binary (BLOB in database speak). In which case it will be whatever format the original image was and he just needs to save it to a file with the right extension and play with the picture toolkit. I also assume by his reference to "SQL Server Tab" that he can see something in a database viewer of some description. Of course "assume" makes an "ass" out of "u" and "me" :)

Edited by ShaunR

Thaks a lot  ,hooovahh & ShaunR

ShaunR is right,it is BLOB.

In fact,the picture is saved in SQL server by .NET which is a Production and quality control program,Similar MRP.I  made  some  auto test  equipments which programed by labview  and need to integrate into the system.when the operator login,program need to find and get  the operater's pitcure in SQL server,display on the program 's front panel Indicate who is using. 

This is a very difficult issue for me ,because I  only write LabVIEW program,others not。

ShaunR,Do you have relevant examples?or detailed methods?

Thanks again!

Thaks a lot  ,hooovahh & ShaunR

ShaunR is right,it is BLOB.

In fact,the picture is saved in SQL server by .NET which is a Production and quality control program,Similar MRP.I  made  some  auto test  equipments which programed by labview  and need to integrate into the system.when the operator login,program need to find and get  the operater's pitcure in SQL server,display on the program 's front panel Indicate who is using. 

This is a very difficult issue for me ,because I  only write LabVIEW program,others not。

ShaunR,Do you have relevant examples?or detailed methods?

Thanks again!

What are you using (in LabVIEW) to query the database? SQL Toolkit? If you have already retrieved the blob data then you only need to save it to a binary file using the "Write to Binary File.vi" primitive. Once that is done, you can load it into a LV picture indicator with the "Read [JPG/PNG/BMP] File.vi" in the graphics format palette As Ton is intimating. You need to know the format (jpg, bmp, png) to load it back up because you need to use the right LV vi.