Hi

Well i am a newbie at LABVIEW and i am using LABVIEW v5 as well as 7

I am a dummy on building LV applications. Can any one please guide me

for the starting steps to build an application.

Further more i need the link to download the free APPLICATOIN BUILDER software for LV.

2988[/snapback]

First things first...

Application builder is NOT free. You must purchase it from National Instruments for the version of LV that you are using. After you do this, read the documentation that comes with it and if you have problems or questions come back here so we can help you out.

Do you have any specific Application Builder questions that you want answered before you purchase it?

First things first...

Application builder is NOT free. You must purchase it from National Instruments for the version of LV that you are using. After you do this, read the documentation that comes with it and if you have problems or questions come back here so we can help you out.

Do you have any specific Application Builder questions that you want answered before you purchase it?

2989[/snapback]

Dear sir,

Thank you so much for your reply. Can you please send the direct link to the page where it can be purchased ?. Moreover can you send link or attach a tutorial about the application builder or you think the documention is enough for dummy students.

Regards,

Samura

Dear sir,

Thank you so much for your reply. Can you please send the direct link to the page where it can be purchased ?. Moreover can you send link or attach a tutorial about the application builder or you think the documention is enough for dummy students.

Regards,

Samura

2991[/snapback]

Purchase LV Application Builder:

http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/nioc.vp?cid=10731〈=US

More info about the LV Application Builder:

http://www.ni.com/support/labview/toolkits...ild/default.htm

Is there any other way out of building the exeutable from the VIs?

Can LabWindows CVI make exeutable of VI file?

3006[/snapback]

No LabWindows can't!

There is no other legal method to build executables (some hack are known, search the LV resources spread over the net, but not usable/legal when you want to sell your app).

The only legal method to run VI's on an other computer without app-builder, would be to install a full LV on each computer - but this would mean that you'll have to buy a development license for each installation.

Didier

No LabWindows can't!

There is no other legal method to build executables (some hack are known, search the LV resources spread over the net, but not usable/legal when you want to sell your app).

The only legal method to run VI's on an other computer without app-builder, would be to install a full LV on each computer - but this would mean that you'll have to buy a development license for each installation.

Didier

3010[/snapback]

Thank you very much for your response.

one more thing I want to know is that, If I export my Labview code to Labwindows CVI by using option menu (tools>>export to>>convert to CVI....) so weather Labwindow CVI can generate .exe file of that imported file from LabView.

If there is no relation what so ever between Labview and Labwindows CVI then whats the use of the option (tools>>export to >>convert to CVI...).

I know that Labwindows can generate the .exe files, as it generates *.c , *.h , *.pjr , *.uir

but when I use convert to CVI option in Labview then it ask me for the *.fp file.

so I am very confused that what really this option do.

please tell me what should I do, if I can't buy the APPLICATION BUILDER

further more let me know that does MATLAB can call the VI files.

thanking you in anticipation.

Excluding ActiveX, MATLAB 6.1.0.450 help says the only way to call external code is with a MEX file (dll, for windows). Unfortunately, App Builder is needed to make a dll from LabVIEW. If you find an acceptable method of using the LabVIEW runtime engine, .m files can be called in batch mode using "System Exec.vi".